About the business and the role
We are a leading Mid – Tier accounting firm with a reputation built on providing quality service to our clients. We are currently experiencing significant growth and, as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Cadet/Junior Accountant to join our Business Services division.
We are responsible for an impressive and diverse range of clients. The successful candidate will be working in a large team to performing a broad range of compliance work.
You will be provided with the support to continue developing your career in a positive manner along with a range of employee benefits including:
- Paid weekly study leave to attend university classes
- Yearly textbook allowance to support your studies
- Paid exam leave
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a great team-working environment and culture with a focus towards achieving a work-life balance and a commitment to assisting you realise your potential
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing annual financial statements and tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, SMEs and larger corporation.
- Preparing Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Reconciling accounts and maintaining clients asset registers and journals
- Preparing fully referenced work papers, adhering to firm standards and checklists
- Assisting managers and partners to provide clients with proactive, timely and accurate service
Skills and experience
We are looking for an undergraduate or recent school leaver seeking a career in professional accounting to joint the firm from December 2017. The candidate should be enrolled in the first or second year of an accounting degree with a tertiary organisation. The ideal candidate will be willing to undertake their studies whilst fulfilling the full-time role (minimum 4 days per week). The successful candidate will excel in communication and interpersonal skills and have a proven ability to pro-actively learn.